Dear Seacoast United Soccer Families,
I hope this message finds you all well. I’m excited to be coaching the USL again this summer and to build off our success, and hard work from last year. It is my goal to connect with the community and provide a pathway for current and ex Seacoast United players, in addition to bringing elite level players to the area.
As someone who's gone through the Seacoast United host family program myself, I know how much it means to both the family and player. Without the help and support of my host family during my three summers playing for the Phantoms, I can guarantee I wouldn't be in the position I am today. What started off as a summer stay, has now transformed into lifelong relationships and an extension to my family.
It's amazing to think that I’m coaching players that are in the same stage of life that I was when I first got introduced to Seacoast United.
For those who are new to the club, the Seacoast United Phantoms compete in the illustrious USL 2, (formerly PDL) which is the country's top amateur league and plays a pivotal role in the development of collegiate players who look to progress into professional soccer - over 80% of MLS draftees since 2010 have previous USL 2 experience! Last year, we won our division with a record breaking points total and reached the last 8 in the nation. In December we had 4 of the players drafted at the MLS Draft and cannot wait to follow them on their professional journey.
USL 2 league play begins mid May and our recruitment has been finalized - so with that being said, we'd like to announce the return of the Seacoast Host Family program. Once again we will be having a number of elite collegiate players coming to the area for the summer, therefore we would like to invite families within the Seacoast United organization to become a host family to one of these outstanding athletes.
2023 Host Family Package:
Here is the package we offer families who take part in the program:
· 1 Gift Card to the prestigious Wentworth by the Sea Hotel and Spa
· $250 gift card to Soccer.com
· $150 off any Seacoast United camp/program
· Local Restaurant Gift Card Package worth $100
· $100 in gift cards to The 101 Grille, Epping NH.
· Weekly 1-on-1 class for your child & small group training (host player(s) to perform)
· Complimentary tickets to all Seacoast United USL home games for the 2023 season
Hosting 2 Players you will receive an additional:
2x $100 of Seacoast United apparel
$100 gift card for The 101 Grille
Responsibilities of the Host Family include the following:
· Provide shared or single living accommodations for two players (single player accommodation considered also)
· Access to family meals and food in the home when the players aren't traveling
· Flexibility to come and go from the home according to their schedule (i.e. some games are late especially when adding travel time)
· Transportation is NOT a host family responsibility
The player/coach's responsibility:
· Be respectful of the host family and community
· Follow all family rules
· Act as a role model for the children
Hosting Time Frame: May 8th through the end of July/early August 2023.
Please consider this opportunity to make a long lasting, positive impression on a young adult. Host families play a vital role in the success of our organization in providing the best possible coaches, mentors, and role models for our soccer club.
Families interested in participating in the
Host Family program should contact me directly at email@example.com
See you on the field, and best of luck this spring!