The Women’s Premier Soccer League is an independent national league whose main focus is on the development of highly competitive amateur women’s soccer teams. The WPSL was formed in 1998. It is sanctioned by the United States Adult Soccer Association (USASA) as an affiliate of the United States Soccer Federation (USSF), the ruling body of soccer in the United States and FIFA, the world’s ruling body for soccer.
For more info on the WPSL, click here.
The WPSL Mission Statement:
- Promotion and development of independent women’s soccer at the highest level.
- Provide a playing opportunity for the elite women soccer players to play at the highest level.
- All are dedicated to the success of the league as a whole as well as to their own success, recognizing that they cannot long succeed individually without the league succeeding.
- Make every effort to bring quality soccer to all levels of the community and to youth programs.
- Promotion of stature of female athletes as role models for the youth.